Colonial Buildings of Sfax

Buildings from the Period of the Protectorate


Beginning  Previous

Welcome to the Hotel Les Oliviers. This became Sfax's premier hotel when it was built in 1923, located between the Hotel De Ville and the port. It has been extended since, and though it fell into disrepair by the end of the 20th century a refurbishment in 2005 has restored its former glory.
The front section, three floors high, was the original building. When the hotel was enlarged the rear section was added, with 7 floors. An excellent view of the port can be had from the veranda outside the 7th floor restaurant.

Continue with tour 2
Return to Sfax History or to Tunisia